Helpful Tips for Preparing for Your Gleaux
After Booking your Appointment:
- Firstly pack a bag with loose Clothing. Comfy not Clingy! NO Nike shorts!
- Pony Tail, Bag for Jewelry, Strapless bra if you need to wear a bra after your appointment.
- Large Towel to cover seat of car.
- Pack rainy day items JUST IN CASE! Umbrella, rain boots, rain coat or anything that will protect your skin from getting wet!!!!!
- If breastfeeding bring something to cover the breast, but make sure whats covering them during the tan, won't leave a visible tan line in your upcoming wardrobe. Ideas: bando bra, breast pads (sticky).
Preparing for your tan appointment:
- Your tan must be the last beauty service before an event!
- 24-48 hours before your tan appointment have all other beauty services done.
Examples: Manicure, Pedicure, Face and Body waxing, Laser hair removal, Facial, Massage. It is very important for the skin to be cleansed of oils and for open pores to close up before your tanning appointment.
- 24 hours before you need to gently exfoliate your skin to remove old skin. By doing this all your skin will be the same age at the time of service, causing your tan to last longer and minimize the possibility of fading unevenly. Examples of how to exfoliate: Make a paste with water and baking soda and scrub your skin in a shower or bath tub or dump a box of baking soda in a warm bath tub, soak in the tub then use a rough wash cloth to rub in circular motions to gently exfoliate.
- Salt and sugar scrubs can be safe to use if they are a small fine grit. Just don't over do it resulting in torn skin. All oils must be soaped off after using exfoliating products.
The Day of your Tan:
- Grab your packed bag, Make sure you DO NOT have lotions, Oils, Perfumes and minimal Deodorant on. These items will be a barrier on your skin causing issues for the skin to absorb the tan.
- First time clients Please arrive 5 minutes early to fill out paperwork, use the restroom, Pull hair up off the neck, remove all jewelry, ETC.
- Clients that need to remove Make-Up and/or Deodorant (using tan safe wipes that I provide) Please arrive 5 minutes early and request these items.
First Time Clients:
First time clients plan to be at Salon for a 30 minute appointment. You and I will discuss Color options, You'll be left alone to undress and then I will return and begin spraying you. I dry your skin during the service so you can get dressed very quickly.